Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reflecting...

Although not directly related to this course, one of the biggest areas of growth for me while taking these online courses this summer, was motivation and dedication. I have taken online courses in the past, and really struggled to stay motivated and engaged. I was originally supposed to take these courses on campus, but they were canceled due to low enrollment. I was extremely nervous to take the online versions of these courses, but it ended up working out great. I was so passionate about the material we were covering, it was easy to stay engaged and focused on my work. I looked forward to each session and really enjoyed the assignments. These courses really helped me to better my time management skills and kept me from procrastinating as much as I have in the past.

Overall, I have really taken a lot away from these courses. I LOVED the StAIR and WebQuest project. These are definitely two new things I will introduce to my classroom this upcoming school year. I cannot wait to show my colleagues and my students. I also feel as though this program has done an outstanding job of not only discussing different technologies you can use in the classroom, but also different teaching strategies you can use in the classroom. This was one aspect of the course I was really impressed with.

I feel as though I have really grown as an educator through these courses, and look forward to the next phase of this program!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this course, too. Have a great beginning of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    What a great feeling to have motivation and engagement in this course. I'm glad you were able to stay actively engaged in the course. It was hard for me to get things done early, but I did love the material we covered. I learned so much as well and can't wait to use it in my classroom. Good luck teaching this year!

    ReplyDelete