Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Difference between Blogs and Traditional Websites

I feel the biggest difference between blogs and traditional website, is the personal element blogs have. I feel blogs are a personal way for people to freely express their thoughts and ideas, where as traditional websites are usually more formally written. Also, blogs are often times about a wide variety of topics, where as I feel traditional websites usually serve a more specific purpose. One of the things I love most about blogs is how easy they are to use and how they can be as customized as desired. Traditional websites, on the other hand, are usually open to everyone. Overall, I feel blogs are a great, informal way to share ideas and information with others.

4 comments:

  1. I like your comment about how easy blogs are to use. This week has brought about my very first blogging experiences ever. Honestly, I did not imagine they were going to be this user friendly. I suspected there were numerous hoops to jump through in order to get a posting up. I have been so impressed! In fact, the posting aspect of blogging seems to be the easiest part! Sites really encourage you to get in there and write. It makes me feel very accomplished to be a part of that. Cute blog layout/design-- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pink with your white letters! Very nice! I agree with you about the personal aspect of blogs and how easy they are to use. I must say I am amazed because this is my first time using blogs and it is much easier than I thought it would be. It took me awhile to set up my blog page, but now coming on yours and commenting was very easy. I know there is more I still need to learn about what you can do on blogs, but it is exciting! Good job on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, I also really like your background! And me too, this is my fist blogging experience. Thankfully, I think everything makes sense so far :). I still feel pretty slow when moving around with Blog and web site development projects. Your work looks great & helps me think about how to work on my own- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,
    Great job setting up your blog! It looks great. While I have used blogs before, particularly blogger, I agree with our groupmates that it is very user friendly. This is one of my favorite features of blogs. There is so much you can do with blogs if you have the technological know-how, but it can also be used in a simplified way as well.

    ReplyDelete